Online Tutoring Sessions
Early Scholars live online sessions are offered for reading and math enrichment and homework support for students between 3rd and 6th grades. All the distance-learning sessions are conducted using web-conference software at the scheduled meeting time each week—much as you would attend a session on site.
- During the first meeting, the students will need to come into the office for a full diagnostic assessment.
- After a customized plan is developed, students are paired with a contracted tutor who specializes in the content area.
- Parents select a tutoring schedule, which meets their child’s progress.
- During the online sessions, students communicate with their teacher by chat, a white board and voice technology.
- Student’s responses are visible on the white board through the use of an electronic writing tablet.
- Students receive assignments to work on between online sessions.
- Parents receive weekly updates on their child progress.
Requirements for Students
Students will need a headset and an electronic writing tablet to enhance the learning experience.